Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We're here!  (Read 3030 times)

Adrum

We're here!
« on: July 03, 2015, 08:23:00 pm »

My family and I are in NH!  We're only here for a week though.  Is there anything going on FSP-wise so we can meet some FSPers?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: We're here!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »

Check out http://www.nhcalendar.org . Where in the state are you staying?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Adrum

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 08:46:18 pm »

Thanks, I'll check that out.  We're staying in Ashland.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:04:25 pm »

Ah, OK. Well, North Country Porcs met today, I believe. I don't think Merrimack Valley Porcupines met today, because they will be moving to Area 23 in Concord, which is only opening next week.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 02:57:13 pm »

Ah, OK. Well, North Country Porcs met today, I believe. I don't think Merrimack Valley Porcupines met today, because they will be moving to Area 23 in Concord, which is only opening next week.

Just a small correction, Area 23 is open . Today is board game day and there should be a good amount of Porcupine Folks there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/498328693655100/
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Adrum

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 08:39:54 am »

Is there a good turn out at Murphy's Taproom on Tuesdays?  We're planning on visiting the Seacoast Tuesday and figured we could stop at there for dinner on the way back.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 01:39:43 pm »

Is there a good turn out at Murphy's Taproom on Tuesdays?  We're planning on visiting the Seacoast Tuesday and figured we could stop at there for dinner on the way back.

I heard that there is not great turnout for Taproom Tuesdays these days. Most of the action has migrated to the Q. But I don't live in that part of the state and may be off base.

Adrum

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 08:51:39 am »

So what is the info on the Q then?  When?  Where?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 09:22:24 am »

It's a private club, and the owners don't like the information posted in public forums. You need someone to "guest" you when you arrive if you're not a member. I recommend going to Taproom, meeting some people there, and then getting yourselves guested to the Q if possible.

Adrum

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »

So are you telling me the best place for prospective FSPers to meet FSPers is at a private club they're not welcomed to?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:21:24 pm by Adrum »

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »

So are you telling me the best place for prospective FSPers to meet FSPers is at a private club they're not welcomed to?

LOL.   Same problem is going on with the shire society forum...you're not allowed to look at it unless you log in.  No wonder facebook is taking away so much liberty-web-forum traffic but we need to get it back.  I'm posting things here again just to pitch in.

I think it would be nice if the forum admins were to re-think the old policy of discouraging activism planning on the FSP forum.  I'm not sure how much discouraging they're doing now, but traditionally you weren't supposed to plan, say, a Keene UN flag burn here.  However now that they are, or should be, desperate for more traffic here... I think they should widen what's allowed.   At least you can see the forum without registering, I just hate forums like that and facebook for the same reason when it happens there . 
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 04:23:44 pm »

Not at all. But you asked about a specific event that has tended to lose market share over time. Here in the Upper Valley, the best place to meet FSPers is at the Liberty Tuesday meetup at the end of each month. BTW, did you go to Taproom? If so, how was it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up