Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for green card and support to find a job  (Read 3596 times)

leopoldocastilho

Support for green card and support to find a job
« on: May 17, 2015, 08:01:40 pm »

I am Brazilian and I intend to move to New Hampshire in early 2016. I am libertarian since 2010 and I believe this project as a laboratory to show the world that, not only the freedom of ideas is the best, but a free society  is also the best .

Can anyone help me with a student visa and then help me get an American citizenship?

Can I get a job for the first weeks I arrive? Probably I will not be able to gather a lot of money.

I need help.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:04:37 pm by leopoldocastilho »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Support for green card and support to find a job
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:27:47 pm »

Hi Leopoldo - Welcome to the forum. Your best bet is to visit NH first and get to know some of the people here. It's possible that you could find a job here or apply to a degree program and come as a student. As a matter of fact, one of our recent movers is a Brazilian, so it can be done. But you'll have to take the initiative.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

leopoldocastilho

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:25:53 am »

Hello Jason, how are you?
Thanks for the answer. First of all like to congratulate him for his efforts to publicize and make concrete the dream of freedom.
I can hardly go to NH to visit and then return. So needed information to go and not come back to Brazil.
My country is in the way of a huge crisis and not the prospect of change in the coming decades.
Needed information about visa options. There is a possibility I migrate with a tourist visa and being there converts it to student visa? Or would have to leave here now with a student visa? Do you know any site or person who can help me with this information?
On the question of work, the NH market to foreign labor is receptive?
Thank you!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:53:54 pm »

It's receptive, but to be sponsored by an employer, you'll need to have some special skill or set of skills. As to whether you may convert a tourist visa to a student visa, I don't know. If one of our international participants doesn't come by to answer your question here, you may want to post on the "Free State Project" Facebook group.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

leopoldocastilho

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:50:07 am »

Thank you Jason!

I know the difficulty for a work permit it.

My idea is to migrate with any type of visa, only to allow my ticket in the United States.

Get some work, as my skills. Maybe even take my business to there.

And already established would try to somehow turn American citizen. In this sense the easiest would be married. I know that in some states charge American citizens so as if it were a service.

And as we are libertarians and against the stupid state regulations believe there will be voluntary for this. Or am I mistaken? For this there would be about US law?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 05:50:08 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by your last two questions, but certainly, libertarians are all for freedom of migration. If you found a way to disobey the wicked immigration laws and get away with it, we'd cheer you.

leopoldocastilho

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 02:06:24 pm »

great!!
will change between March and April next year. I'll see the forum and facebook for more information there.

Thank you for now
Pages: [1]   Go Up