Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: President's Wrap Up on Liberty Forum 2015: Moved by Liberty  (Read 4030 times)

freedomroad

President's Wrap Up on Liberty Forum 2015: Moved by Liberty
« on: March 11, 2015, 04:38:49 pm »

Here is the FSP President's Wrap Up on Liberty Forum 2015: Moved by Liberty.
https://freestateproject.org/blogs/moved-liberty-presidents-wrap

Liberty Forum 2015 has come and gone. Were YOU "Moved By Liberty"? I certainly was! The event drew more than 500 attendees--thank you for coming! We garnered 44 signers, and inspired at least 7 movers (that I know of). We built liaisons and forged new relationships with other liberty organizations, locals, the media, and more.

So many highlights, from the new venue at the Radisson in downtown Manchester, to the impressive amount of local media coverage, to the surprise visit from Vermin Supreme.

Hosting an event in New Hampshire in winter comes with special challenges. Thank you to all who rolled with the snow punches--all originating elsewhere but affecting travel to the Queen City--pinch hitting speeches and being accommodating with schedule changes. Thanks to FSP founder Jason Sorens and "Mr. Liberty Forum" Jeffrey Tucker for playing along with my Proust Questionnaire on Thursday evening. Thank you to Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas for joining us on Friday night at a cocktail hour and dinner celebrating the entrepreneurship flourishing in the "Live Free or Die" state due to the efforts of early movers. Thanks to all the state representatives who attended our reception in your honor on Saturday evening, and to former NH state representative Mark Warden for organizing this. Thanks to all our out-of-state speakers. We were thrilled to learn from you, and delighted to show you more of our world. Thanks also, of course, to our sponsors. Without you, this event would not be possible.

The FSP runs on "people power." This past weekend's festivities were organized by volunteers, early movers who are passionate about the Free State Project, liberty, and life in New Hampshire. From Marcus Connor, the FSP's creative director's beautiful art work and designs, including t-shirts and hoodies and his remarkable name badge/program, to the well-stocked and fun VIP room, to the smooth running registration desk, the exciting and active exhibitor area, the art projects and flash Mobyli (I had to ask too: "Moved By Liberty"), The Free Stater magazine with Julia Miranda's hard work and dedication on display, to capturing the best moments for prosperity, tweeting them, talking to the media, and to all the other things big and small (too many to mention, but all noted and appreciated), finally, and most importantly, a deep and heartfelt KUDOS AND THANK YOU to the main organizer, Merav Yaakov, and the whole Yaakov clan, Sylvain, Nathaniel, and Maya, for dedicating half of a year of your life (and lives) to making something incredibly hard look so easy. I stand in awe.

For me, the best part of this year's Liberty Forum was seeing the FSP community really step to the fore. The Beacon of Liberty we are building in New Hampshire is the story. Our actions and the projects we are passionate about are the draw. We are the living, breathing embodiment of the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of individuals’ rights to life, liberty, and property. Every session hosted by an early mover or Friend of the FSP that I managed to catch was jam-packed. It has always been my dream to give voice to the incredible things we are accomplishing, and this time, I think we really did. I would love to see even more early mover participation in future FSP speaking events and panels. The more voices we have, the more people will hear good things about the Free State Project.

Liberty Forum 2015 exceeded my expectations, as I hope it did yours. We QUILLED it! Can't wait for the next one? Come to PorcFest, our sister summer event, June 21-28, 2015 at Roger's Campground in Lancaster, NH. Tickets now on sale. Prices will increase, so get yours today!

Click on the blog post to Catch up on Liberty Forum media coverage. https://freestateproject.org/blogs/moved-liberty-presidents-wrap
Pages: [1]   Go Up