Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hate to bring bad news, but....  (Read 20584 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Hate to bring bad news, but....
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2016, 07:52:39 pm »

Cherry-pick data points all you like; the averages still show warming!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

AZViking

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2016, 10:14:22 pm »

The averages published by whom?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2016, 07:31:53 am »

Everybody!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

AZViking

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2016, 10:47:33 am »

Everybody caught faking their data you mean?

May I refer you back to Goddard's web site documenting that?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2016, 07:42:14 am »

The same service Goddard himself cites all the time shows the earth warming significantly: http://woodfortrees.org/plot/

AZViking

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2016, 11:21:32 pm »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2016, 06:13:14 pm »

Highs in the 60s and 70s... It's been a beautiful fall week here. Colors popping.

AZViking

« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2016, 02:43:39 am »

Is it normal for highs in the low 70s to occur barely a week out of summer?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2016, 06:57:32 pm »

Is it normal for highs in the low 70s to occur barely a week out of summer?

Yep. Average temps this time of year are in the high 60s, so it's really been average here lately.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2017, 09:22:57 am »

Having a near record-warm January here. AGAIN. It's unfortunate, because I haven't been able to use the XC ski trails outside my home, and the snow palace I built with my daughter last month has mostly melted.

Anyway, I take no pleasure in winning my bet about global warming. It's hurting the ski industry here and damaging my outdoor recreation. I'd much rather have 20 degrees and snow than 40 degrees in winter.

paperboy

« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2017, 01:26:53 pm »

I actually heard the ski areas are on track to having a record season... directly from a GM at one of NH's best ski areas.

We need cold weather to make a living in NH in the winter... but I think the concept that the people of earth have any control over the global climate is nonsense.

Sort of like the Tower of Babel in the Old Testament... Building a tower to heaven.

Having a near record-warm January here. AGAIN. It's unfortunate, because I haven't been able to use the XC ski trails outside my home, and the snow palace I built with my daughter last month has mostly melted.

Anyway, I take no pleasure in winning my bet about global warming. It's hurting the ski industry here and damaging my outdoor recreation. I'd much rather have 20 degrees and snow than 40 degrees in winter.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »

I'm glad the high-mountain ski areas are doing okay. I know the little local ones are struggling.

Humans have had huge impact on other aspects of the environment, and so it's not surprising to me that they can affect the global climate. No one doubts that CO2 concentration in the atmosphere has increased since the Industrial Revolution.

paperboy

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up