Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Birth of a Safe Place for Newcomers and Civilized Conversationalists  (Read 113368 times)

sunoco85

Re: Birth of a Safe Place for Newcomers and Civilized Conversationalists
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »

learning buttons please excuse......... testing.

sunoco85

« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2013, 10:22:16 pm »

learning buttons please excuse......... testing.

test again.... learning....... I'm nor totally unfamiliar with forums...... testing.

sunoco85

« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2013, 10:26:13 pm »

"Notify" button? Gonna try it..........

sunoco85

« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2013, 10:27:35 pm »

pressed "OK" see what happens......

sunoco85

« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2013, 10:32:10 pm »

Hello all,
    I could use a newbie link from a Mod.  ;D I believe I can contribute.

sunoco85

« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »

Anyone online? How active is this forum?

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2013, 11:33:02 pm »

Hello all,
    I could use a newbie link from a Mod.  ;D I believe I can contribute.

Posting guidelines for newcomers:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3263

It appears that you think this is a chat room.  It is not.   This is a Forum.

sunoco85

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2013, 11:52:15 pm »

I will check it out. Thanks Mod. I have got a couple ideas that may help and vise-versa. Peace

sunoco85

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2013, 12:13:07 am »

Thanks again Jerry,
    I read the newbie link. I'm respectful of others and I feel already a kinship of philosophy with the FSP. I live and work here in NH. I look forward to sharing ideas. plans and activities with like-minded people. I'll look through the site for gatherings or social event plans. You people seem considerate, educated and motivated. I wish to share and contribute. Thanks for the welcome.

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2013, 01:24:23 am »

You might want to check out the website http://freestateproject.org where things are a little better organized.

Bridgette Estrada

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2014, 08:19:58 am »

Good Morning,

This country is going in the wrong direction fast and FSP seems the only organization interested in actually doing something about it.  I am currently living in Virginia and after having served my country for seven years in the Marine Corps I was hoping to come back to the land of the free but that is not the case.  The American government has turned into an Orwellian monstrosity and it is only going to get worse, I am looking forward to moving to New Hampshire and honeslty just winging it. I'm a disabled veteran and I'm currently enrolled Ina Master's degree program.  I have no idea what I will do once I get to New Hampshire, where I will live,but I am looking forward to having my freedoms back.

Thank you,
Bridgette C. Estrada

coldponder

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2016, 06:13:26 pm »

My ex partner an I are selling our hand built Acworth farm. It's a great place.
<br>
This 42 acre family farm has almost all you need to start farming. <br>
<br>
The main house is hand built of hewn logs and constructed in the piece en piece style. The materials are native, including the field stone for&nbsp; the foundation, 1st floor and central chimney. The walls are log and the wood for cabinets and trim milled on site. The roof is slate and has a herringbone design running through. The barn is from the mid 1800’s and was salvaged and reassembled on a stone foundation in 1990. It has a two bay garage, a woodshop and other workshops and tool storage. Hay loft above with antique hay forks for loose hay and a vegetable washing/garden shed built off the back with soapstone sink. Other outbuildings include: 1)a 23x24 animal barn with both open bays and closed stalls, 2) an art studio with a sales room and large bedroom above, 3) 3 bay equipment shed with attached (equipped) blacksmiths shop on one end and three season sleeping space on the other, 4) rustic, 12x16 finished wood heated, log cabin, 5) a completely equipped maple sugarhouse down by the brook. There a pounded deep water well with plenty of pure, clear water. The buildings are all wood heated. Electricity from the grid.<br>
<br>
The surrounding acreage is in the permaculture style having all the garden space and orchards near the house. The rich sandy loam soil has been improved for 33 years and grows beautiful fruits and vegetables and grass. There is a 60 tree heritage apple/pear/peach orchard, approximately 80 blueberry bushes and various rows of raspberries, currants, black raspberries and gooseberries. The herb garden is surrounded by circles of strawberries. There is approximately 5 acres of pastureland upon which horses, cattle, sheep, hogs and poultry have been raised. The woodlots are comprised of mixed hard and softwoods that has been&nbsp; sustainably managed for the last 33 years and some protected stands.&nbsp; The&nbsp; brook, with old mill site, runs past the gardens and orchard and down around the sugarhouse. There is a small man made, spring fed pond for swimming and irrigation . The neighbors arent too far away, but you can&apos;t see them and from the front porch the sun and moon rise over the forested hills. This is a beautifull and special place where you can live a green and sustainable lifestyle and grow healthy food for family and/or market.<br>
<br>
See fotos and other details at .

http://m.landandfarm.com/property/organic_permaculture_farm-2612851/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:20:37 pm by coldponder »

Celestelline

« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2016, 10:58:58 am »

Hi Coldponder,
  Your property is beautiful. Why are you giving that all up, if you don't mind me asking? It looks like you put so much love and effort into having a well rounded self sustaining habitat.

Sincerely, Celestelline

REI

« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2016, 12:46:43 pm »

I will be in New Hampshire next week starting June 8 2016.  I am attending a conference in Connecticut and have never been to New Hampshire and want to spend a few days just driving around it.

I am a retired electronic designer and programmer and small company owner and have always been attracted by the Free State idea.  I am a Life Member of the LP and have been a county chair and candidate several times in Missouri.  I now live in Texas.

I might buy a place in New Hampshire.  I wonder if anyone on this forum would be interested in having a meal with me or otherwise spend an hour or so.

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2016, 09:36:45 pm »

I suspect you'll get lots of responses if you post this in other places.
There is a thread for movers and interested folks.

When I visited, NH, there were friendly FSP members in every city.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up