Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When FSPers pass away, does the counter go down?  (Read 10072 times)

SpeakOut

When FSPers pass away, does the counter go down?
« on: August 19, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »

If a member of the FSP dies, will the counter go down one person?

freedomroad

Re: When FSPers pass away, does the counter go down?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 05:21:51 pm »

The FSP doesn't have members but you have a valid point.  At least 1 mover and as many as 4 total participants I am aware of have died.  It is certainly possible that multiple participants I didn't even know have also died.

TJames

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »

How about starting a list of people who have died. Maybe we can only count movers.

azn4mrpaul

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:46:52 pm »

Keep the counter at about 400 so the oppositions under estimate FSP strength and stay home on election day.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 06:42:13 am »

FSP isn't a voting bloc. And other than president or governor, aren't even in the same districts.

SpeakOut

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:33 am »

Could people have signed up but forgot that they signed up?  If the counter doesn't adjust for deceased participants, there may be confusion or outside doubt about the Free State Project's claims.  Is this something that the leadership needs to address?  Should we require participants to reaffirm their statements every two years?  And adjust the counter accordingly.  Wasn't the original idea to achieve the 20,000 sign ups by December 31, 2006?  Now that it is taking years longer, we may need to reconsider our strategies.

I'm totally behind this movement regardless.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:41:35 am »

The FSP counter is stupid.

I personally think it's shouldn't ever go down. The 20,000 number is meaningless to everything EXCEPT the successful completion of the Free State Project's stated goal. In terms of actually getting liberty in the minds and various headholes of people, the only thing that really matters is bodies in NH.

Jason Sorens revised the estimates needed once he saw the kind of activism that early movers did. The FSP counter didn't change. The FSP originally stated that they would dissolve by 2006 if 20K wasn't hit. They didn't, and the counter wasn't removed.

So I think the counter is stupid. Sure, it might be fun to watch, but Jersey Shore got good ratings, so that's not a good counter arguement. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up