Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NY State Convoy to PorcFest  (Read 8877 times)

slayerboy

NY State Convoy to PorcFest
« on: January 24, 2011, 02:46:29 pm »

I just created the NY state convoy to Porcfest group on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_194630317218212

If needed we'll change NYC to a separate group.  There might also need to be two different convoys considering how wide NY state is, one for Western/Central NY and the other for Upstate.  We'll see.

Thanks to Curtis for making the suggestion.  Given circumstances right now, I might need a ride, or would be willing to share travel expenses.  I have a light pickup truck so I'd even be willing to haul stuff as part of the convoy.

slothman

Re: NY State Convoy to PorcFest
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:55:33 pm »

Though I probably won't be coming, I want to though, I am in WNY.

Just for interestingness, where do you think upstate NY is?
Everybody seems to have a different opinion.

slayerboy

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

Western NY would be Buffalo and Rochester on down to the PA border.  Central would be Syracuse region and Elmira.  Upstate would be Adirondack and Albany region. Hell it could probably even be splitt up into Western/Central/Upstate and Southern Tier lol.  This state is just too big. 

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »

I consider anything binghamton and northward upstate. If you draw a line along the flat part of NYS and continue it east until you bump into Conn/Mass depending how straight your line is, that would be a good definition of "upstate".  Another definition thrown around is north of I-90 called "North Country" locally.

On the whole caravan thing.  If you had one caravan go from west to east on I-90 and another west to east on I-86/Hwy 17 then up 88 you could cover the rest of the state.   Everyone between those 2 hwy systems could get dropped off at a rest stop fairly easily with planning.

Another idea would be sell all your crap and go to NH and stay there =0)
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

slayerboy

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 01:19:04 pm »

Don/t think this hasn't crossed my mind LOL.  I wanted to move to NH after this year's PF, but financially it's not going to work out unless I can find a job up there.  I'm working on the job thing.  As far as making it to PorcFest, it might not be possible given financial issues that came up all of a sudden unless I can find a group to split fuel costs with.  We'll see.

slothman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:37:34 pm »

You're confused.
I am the one who buys the crap. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything