Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Town Project. (Barrington, a Free Town Already?)  (Read 52730 times)

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Free Town Project
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 09:03:37 am »

Thanks for the information Max, I wasn't aware the Carol Vite, and Susan Price are no longer
Barrington reps. :D  I'm done here.,  I have to go pay my $37. per thousand tax bill! ;D
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Mark D

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2009, 09:59:45 am »

Ron Paul got 76 votes in Seabrook  Population 8500ish.
My town had 81 votes and the population is 5500ish.  And it is full of statists.
and that's assuming that all of the Paul votes were actually tallied.  My understanding is that there was a bit of a problem with that around the state.

This is more hype than fact.  A few votes were found but Ron Paul didn't win NH as I have seen some Youtube video think.

I feel as though you're putting words in my mouth.  I didn't in any way suggest that Ron Paul won anything.  I said that their was a problem.  I don't agree that it was more hype than fact.  The town of Sutton reported zero (out of ~ 150) votes for Ron Paul and actually had 31.  The town of Greenville reported zero but actually had twenty five.  They are only two towns with small populations but this is still a very big deal.  It speaks of a lack of procedural controls.  The fact that the errors were of the same type also suggests a potential systemic problem.  And, sadly, I don't think that we can even blame Diebold.  These "errors" occurred during human steps in the process.

Also magnitude of error may be more significant than one thinks.  Remember, one vote equates to a differential of two between any two candidates.  That is, if candidate A has 7 and Candidate B has 5 (a differential of two) I can shift 1 vote from A to B and each candidate now has 6.  The differential went from 2 to 0.  In percentage terms that can become significant very quickly.

Let's not down play this.  Screwing with votes is a BIG deal and we should be very concerned when there is a possibility that someone has tampered with an election.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:03:55 am by Mark D »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2009, 10:05:24 am »

My town had 81 votes and the population is 5500ish.  And it is full of statists.

Grafton: 57 votes for Ron Paul.  Population: 1200

Richmond and Wentworth had all you guys beat. ;) (I know who lives in Wentworth, still don't know who the Richmond RP folks were...)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

lloydbob1

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 10:09:05 am »

They're never going to be Free Towns, either! ;D

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2009, 12:33:41 pm »

Thanks for the information Max, I wasn't aware the Carol Vite, and Susan Price are no longer
Barrington reps. :D  I'm done here.,  I have to go pay my $37. per thousand tax bill! ;D

I left out anyone I couldn't find voting records for.  My inclusion was of people who've been elected in recent years, not just the current group.  The fact that Barrington is 55% Democratic, and that those Dems usually vote more statist suggests that the townsfolk willing vote and think that way on other issues.  Both of the CT Legislators from Seabrook-Hampton Falls are viewed as targets, and neither won by any large margins--with Obama's coat tails.  Going back even further, Seabrookers have generally elected very proliberty people at all levels.

Finally, I don't see how you can smile so wide and wink at the same time.  I guess that that's a skill us Brook folk just can't manage, eh. ;/
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 12:49:09 pm »

I'm exploring different business ideas for when I move. If there is no zoning in Grafton, does that mean I could open a microbrewery (not a brewpub) anywhere there? Most towns want to you be in an area zoned either for a restaurant or a factory (depending on the town). When you say no zoning, is that for businesses also?

Seabrook is great on business issues.  Kevin Bloom was given approval to go ahead with a microbrewery here in Seabrook, but ended up moving to Hookset over cost and square footage concerns.  There are now more locations here than before.  Also, there are a lot of cars coming up and down Route 1, which fuels a lot of Seabrook's business activity.  We have enough commercial development for a town of 30-40,000 people, but without the enormous population.  Because business pays in more than they use in services, Seabrook would still be a modestly taxed town even without the power plant.  Without the power plant and dog track paying revenues in, folks here would just cut spending until we had a the rate back down below $13 per thousand.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2009, 06:47:02 pm »

and that's assuming that all of the Paul votes were actually tallied.  My understanding is that there was a bit of a problem with that around the state.

This is more hype than fact.  A few votes were found but Ron Paul didn't win NH as I have seen some Youtube video think.

I feel as though you're putting words in my mouth.  I didn't in any way suggest that Ron Paul won anything.  I said that their was a problem.  I don't agree that it was more hype than fact.  The town of Sutton reported zero (out of ~ 150) votes for Ron Paul and actually had 31.  The town of Greenville reported zero but actually had twenty five.  They are only two towns with small populations but this is still a very big deal.  It speaks of a lack of procedural controls.  The fact that the errors were of the same type also suggests a potential systemic problem.  And, sadly, I don't think that we can even blame Diebold.  These "errors" occurred during human steps in the process.

Also magnitude of error may be more significant than one thinks.  Remember, one vote equates to a differential of two between any two candidates.  That is, if candidate A has 7 and Candidate B has 5 (a differential of two) I can shift 1 vote from A to B and each candidate now has 6.  The differential went from 2 to 0.  In percentage terms that can become significant very quickly.

Let's not down play this.  Screwing with votes is a BIG deal and we should be very concerned when there is a possibility that someone has tampered with an election.

Sutton was a true mistake... but there are those who insis that RP won and they use Sutton as an example.

If you go into these small towns in NH you can hardly think of conspiracy...poor math maybe but not conspiracy.  Old ladies who have been there forever usually don't have a political agenda.

I was here on the ground.  Ron Paul lost for many reasons... large scale cheating or miscounting was not among them.

Jason... I know lots of the Richmond voters.
http://www.saintbenedict.com/

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 07:09:05 pm »

Not to go off topic, but I saw a lot of suspicious activity.  Ron Paul was polling in double digits continuously in the weeks before the primary.  When I voted, I saw tons of NY, NJ, RI, CT, VT, PA plates and such, and a lot of people registering same day who I'd never seen before.

85% voter turnout state wide?  There were districts pushing 100% turn out even though about one-third of the locals I talked to said that they weren't voting.

Worse, election observers were compelled, for the first time, to wait on the other side of the room so that they couldn't possibly see what was going on.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2009, 07:15:44 pm »

Not to go off topic, but I saw a lot of suspicious activity.  Ron Paul was polling in double digits continuously in the weeks before the primary.  When I voted, I saw tons of NY, NJ, RI, CT, VT, PA plates and such, and a lot of people registering same day who I'd never seen before.

Can you say OBAMA?

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 07:29:53 pm »

Can you say OBAMA?

I try not to...

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 07:36:26 pm »

I can say, "McCain, Clinton, Obama, Romney..."  We know who benefited.  If we could poll locals at home when the polls were closing, you would have seen slightly higher numbers for Ron Paul.  The out of state people coming in rarely even knew who Ron Paul was.

Worse was seeing how the ballots were handled, being hauled away.

Lots of people have reported finding ballots for one candidate in dumpsters after an election.  Absentee ballots are thrown out by the thousands every year.  King County, Washington, publicly admits that they toss over 4500 absentee ballots because they arrive after the election, but according to our election laws, absentee ballots only have to be postmarked by the election.

Nevermind all of the dishonesty and vote buying, this is ridiculous.

Mark D

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2009, 07:38:29 pm »

If you go into these small towns in NH you can hardly think of conspiracy...poor math maybe but not conspiracy.  Old ladies who have been there forever usually don't have a political agenda.

I'm familiar.  I'm a 41 year old NH resident and life long Northeasterner...I can think of a couple of NH towns that are so corrupt they make Tammany Hall look like a church group.

Really, I think I'm just debating for debates sake.  It seems we agree.  Something happened, but Paul's loss had nothing to do voter fraud.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »

I'm familiar.  I'm a 41 year old NH resident and life long Northeasterner...I
wait... you sound as if you are me... :)

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 12:33:45 am »

I really believe that Ron Paul lost perhaps 1-2% due to ballots being tossed.  He also was polling much better amongst actual New Hampsha folk (11-14%, depending on the poll) than amongst folk in neighboring states.  In some of our southern cities, there really were A LOT of out of staters coming in and voting, though the issue was more pronounced on the Democratic side.

On topic, there are several free town efforts around New Hampshire, and it has been good to finally see Seabrook getting the attention it's due.  I wish that there were a Free Town Board on this forum so that members could encourage recruitment to their respective towns, but I'm not the moderator of this.

lloydbob1

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 06:08:37 am »

People lie when polled
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up