Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Town Project. (Barrington, a Free Town Already?)  (Read 51275 times)

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
Re: Free Town Project
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:12 pm »

I like.  I like a lot.  Can't get up to Grafton yet but I can tell you, it's in my day dreams...  I've been there.  It's as close to heaven as it gets... to me.
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 12:47:42 am »

Grafton has a high content of liberty lovers, and is probably the biggest (per capita) free town project.  Keene also has a lot of CD activists, though there's much less political involvement.  Manchester has, by far, the most activists and movers overall, but is also the largest city north of Boston.  On the coast, Seabrook is now building a pool of activists and movers, while Deerfield (just 4,000 people) is attracting interest because of Ron Helwig's Little Minnesota.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 05:54:49 pm »

Please no one more to my town.  We don't want to be free. :P

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 09:40:08 pm »

I like.  I like a lot.  Can't get up to Grafton yet but I can tell you, it's in my day dreams...  I've been there.  It's as close to heaven as it gets... to me.
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

lloydbob1

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 06:08:05 am »

Just like Max, you have nothing to worry about your town becoming free.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 08:57:36 am »

Just like Max, you have nothing to worry about your town becoming free.

I am not worrying.

But I do hear wonderful things about Seabrook Lloyd.  Wonderful things.

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 03:19:30 pm »

How would you think this guys idea would work in Seabrook? I don't have a feel for the place.
Seconding that!  Curious, as I've lived on the ocean now for a few years.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 04:40:35 pm »

The folks in Seabrook are definitely liberty minded folk, and generally are willing to let you do almost anything you want with your own land and your own life.  There isn't much zoning here, and they allow variances for almost anything.  Kevin Bloom's effort to put a microbrewery here (with or without a restaurant) failed only because there weren't enough low cost locations for him that offered enough square footage.  Almost anything you'd want to offer, folks here are okay with.

In 101 Reasons to Move to Seabrook, I also noted that there were more Ron Paul signs in people's yards than any other candidate.  His message resonated with people here, and I keep meeting Ron Paul folks and seeing Ron Paul bumper stickers on cars and trucks.  About half of the spending articles got voted down this year (not unusual), and more would get voted down if the track or the power plant were to close.  Folks here just won't accept high tax rates.  It was neat having to hear the folks at the Seabrook Community Center complain about how Seabrook residents don't want to "pay for anything," although it was also disappointing to here that a lot of folks don't want to pay user fees, either.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 04:56:58 pm »

The folks in Seabrook are definitely liberty minded folk, and generally are willing to let you do almost anything you want with your own land and your own life. 

In 101 Reasons to Move to Seabrook, I also noted that there were more Ron Paul signs in people's yards than any other candidate.  His message resonated with people here, and I keep meeting Ron Paul folks and seeing Ron Paul bumper stickers on cars and trucks.
cool

I saw a ron paul sign on a telephone pole 2 days ago in bow or dunbarton :)

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 07:33:45 pm »

* I'd like to persuade NH college and high school kids to join the FSP in any of the potential free towns.
* Can anyone put together some video clips and written sales pitches for any of the towns or potential town sites where there are already Free Staters?
* I think I know someone who can edit them. They could then be uploaded to Youtube and I and anyone could give the links to young people.
* I'm willing to work with a group on such a sub-project, if anyone else is interested. We could collaborate via email etc, or in person with anyone near Manchester or Nashua.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 07:44:26 pm »

My point being that I drove all up and down the seacoast region during the primary doing research, and was stunned at how many Seabrook folks had signs for Paul.  There were a few of the others, but by and large, Ron Paul had the most.  In fact, Seabrook was the only town I saw like that out here by the ocean.  The fact that Ron Paul did a little better here than in other towns (beating Giuliani with 11% of the vote), also supports this.  The townsmembers also voted better on the warrant articles than people do elsewhere (13 of 28 spending measures shot down), and that the worst statists garner few votes here.  Moreover, talking with the people out here reinforces the proliberty attitude of the people.  Even the out of staters tend to come from relatively proliberty North Shore and Florida, rather than Mass, New Jersey, and New York.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 08:44:27 pm »

I live in Barrington, and it is also part of the Seacoast Region.  We voted down every single spending issue, and on top of that cut 300k+ from the
school budget.  We have 5 freestaters in Barrington, and we all attended our deliberative session, and spoke out against higher taxed.  Did you
attend your deliberative sessions?

Just curious Max.  How many freestaters live in Seabrook?  Please don't count Brenden, he is not a freestater, or the 2 folks currently staying
at your place who bought a condo in Rollinsford.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 11:08:48 pm »

How would you think this guys idea would work in Seabrook? I don't have a feel for the place.
Seconding that!  Curious, as I've lived on the ocean now for a few years.
you seconded my question or my lack of info? ;)
the question.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up