Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Movers: Update Your Status  (Read 28921 times)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Movers: Update Your Status
« on: August 09, 2007, 06:25:43 pm »

Updating your address and status to "moved" is very important because it allows prospective FSP participants to see that the FSP is a growing and vibrant movement in which people are really participating.  There are two to update your status:

Option 1

1. Go to the main page at http://www.freestateproject.org/.

2. Look at the right hand column, in the blue. Beneath the counter is a link to "Login". Click it, which takes you here: http://www.freestateproject.org/user

3. Enter the user name or email address you used to join the FSP, and your password.

4. The page with your registration information will come up. Click the "Edit" tab.

5. The page will show your account settings. To change your address or other information, click the "FSP Registration Information" tab.

6. Edit, and click "submit".

That's it!

Option 2

E-mail Moved@FreeStateProject.org and our participant services team will take care of it.

Option 3

Call -- 888-377-2515 -- and press option 1 for participant services.  Your request will be handled over the phone.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:17:48 am by sj »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
Re: Movers: New Way to Update Your Status
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 02:10:47 am »

Thanks, those are the most well-written instructions I've ever seen.  ;)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 03:44:26 am »

Thanks, those are the most well-written instructions I've ever seen.  ;)

Credit where it's due. (http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=9842.30)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:54:22 am »

Bump...and we now have the new way: just tap out a quick e-mail to Moved@FreeStateProject.org

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 12:49:30 am »

Hey everyone, we're approaching the end of 2008 and I'd really like to hit 650 by the end of the year.  The counter is currently at 641.  Will and Brooke are not yet counted and coldsoul should be moving soon, so we would need to get about 6 other movers.  Check with your friends to make sure they're updated.

moved@freestateproject.org
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:00:20 am by sj »

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Movers: Update Your Status
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 09:23:00 pm »

There is a new option for people needing to update their address (or get access to their account, or change their account type, etc).  Call 888-377-2515 and press 1 for participant services.  Your request will be handled over the phone.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:52:56 pm »

It's also a good idea to check your profile to make sure that it says New Hampshire.

There was even a thought of letting folks just punch in their zip code at one point so that folks to wanted to move to towns with many activists could see those "thumb tacks" on the map.

One day...
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 06:40:34 pm »

It's also a good idea to check your profile to make sure that it says New Hampshire.

There was even a thought of letting folks just punch in their zip code at one point so that folks to wanted to move to towns with many activists could see those "thumb tacks" on the map.

One day...

when more people volunteer... one day.
(also I think that this was decided against because of privacy concerns.)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 11:01:34 am »

I've been hearing lots of stories of new movers, which is great!  If you meet a new mover, please mention moved@FreeStateProject.org to them.  If anyone who frequents Taproom Tuesdays and other such events would like a few of the cards I hand out with instructions on how and why to update, let me know and I'll see about getting some to you.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 03:35:52 pm »

Remember that the counter is our biggest recruiting tool.  Be sure to keep your address updated so that we can let folks know that more folks are moving in on a regular basis.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 11:29:14 pm »

In all the excitement of moving, you forgot to update...or you can't remember if you did or not.  Send a quick e-mail to Moved@FreeStateProject.org

freedomroad

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 06:25:38 pm »

Hey folks.  There have been a lot of new movers lately.  Feel free to ask new movers if they have done this already.  Don't feel bad about asking a mover even 6 months after they moved.  This is important stuff  :)

jhamilton1769

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »

I just did option one two days ago, been in NH a couple weeks now. Wasn't sure at first if I was being counted in the running tally of people living in NH. Looks like I was counted as mover number 1150 but just thought id drop in and give my two cents. The current two methods of being counted feel anti-climatic. Maybe a big red button on the main website would be better, something easy to find that gives instant acknowledgement of being added to generate that new mover excitement. Perhaps a certificate mailed to a persons new address with their mover number would be a cool idea, something they could keep as a memento.

Connectisuck

• The Resident Misanthrope
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 02:15:13 am »

Say, that's not a bad idea. This is a big thing that has the potential to be the largest, most significant liberty movement in the world. You'd think that dramatics would come with the signing-up and moving.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:17:04 am by Over Nine-Thousand »

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 11:08:48 pm »

Just remembered to do it today after a freestater pointed it out, sent a message to Moved@FreeStateProject.org.

Glad I made it up here, life is good!  :)

F#@% Connecticut!!!!  One of the best feelings I had in my life was calling the damn CT govt bastards and telling them I moved out of the state.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up